Monday, November 3, 2014

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Maya Angelou

In her novel, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou relives some of the hidden memories of her youth.  I feel that I, as well as everyone who experiences same-sex attraction, can identify with her declaration that "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."

The purpose of this blog is not to rag on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for its views on homosexuality, nor to promote gay rights or affirmation.  My intention is to enlighten minds on the issue of same-sex attraction and how it has affected my life as an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  My prayer is that those who read this blog will find hope and motivation to stand with Christ, regardless of their trials, weaknesses, or susceptibilities.

I am the gay R.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment